What does the judging involve?
We're looking for experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic business professionals to be official judges at our awards – could this be you?
Hearfirst-hand how other professionals have implemented their business strategies
Assessthe entries in your category, with the chance to put questions to the presenters
Inspirethe finalists to improve and develop further by providing your written feedback
Benefites of Being a Judge
- Become a member of The Judge Club.
- Inspire other Finalists with your expertise and offer guidance on how they can improve their strategy.
- Discover the latest innovations and stay up to date in an ever-changing business landscape.
- Network with the other judges and finalists at the Awards.
- Attend the online Awards Finals and find out the winners.
- Submit thought leadership and other contributions to 25,000 subscribers through Customer Experience Magazine.
- Develop your personal and professional brand across the industry.
- Use a promotional card and Awards judge logo on your social media.
Express Your InterestPhone Jovan Romac on +442086387946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on LinkedIn to provide an overview of your experience / share your LinkedIn profile and find out more about the Awards.
Book a Call with a Consultant
Get Your Application ReviewedLooking at your CV or LinkedIn profile, we will ensure you meet our high standards and find a category that suits your experience and expertise. This usually takes no more than 24 hours.
Confirm Your PlaceFor £299 through membership of The Judge Club, you can sit on the judging panel, see live presentations within a category of your choice and attend online Awards Finals and Awards Ceremony.
Online JudgingFor the first phase of your judging, you will be allocated 5-8 entries to assess, according to your experience and expertise. You will have four weeks to review, score and comment on these entries using our online submission system.
Live Online JudgingOn 7th December 2021, at the Finals, you will conduct the second phase of judging by assessing a series of 15-minute presentations, followed by 15 minutes of Q&A within the same category. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, submit your scores and provide written feedback immediately after each presentation.
Network and ConnectThe Awards Finals will be a large gathering of business professionals from various industries. These include both judges and finalists. During several breaks throughout the day, you can take the time to connect with other participants, network and gain fresh information from the industry.
Spread the WordUse your Judge’s Personal Promo Card and Judge Logo on your social media before and long after the Awards Finals! Submit content to the Customer Experience Magazine to establish yourself as a true thought leader and business expert.